Job ID: 443453
Business Unit: Abbott Northwestern Hospital
Location: Abbott Northwestern Hospital
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Standard Hours: 28.00
Union Position? N
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital is the largest not-for-profit hospital in the Twin Cities with a longstanding tradition of compassionate care and service; centers of excellence in cardiovascular care, oncology, neuroscience, orthopedics and obstetrics; and leadership in education and clinical research. Located in Minneapolis, Minn., Abbott Northwestern is a 633-bed hospital. Its 5,330 employees and 1,586 physicians care for nearly 370,000 patients and their families each year from the Twin Cities area and throughout the Upper Midwest.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital is proud to be recognized as an ANCC Magnet Hospital.
An established, award-winning Electronic Medical Record is utilized.
- The mission of the Quality Improvement Specialist is to improve patient care outcomes by providing information and improvement processes to patient care communities and hospital areas
- The role includes responsibility for: Determine/recommend appropriate clinical improvement and monitoring activities
- Identify appropriate clinical improvement and monitoring activities
- Identify appropriate data sources
- Determine methods of data collection to ensure efficiency in completion
- Determine appropriate quality tools and methods to utilize
- Interpret and analyze data, select and provide relevant information to focus improvement initiatives
- Determine appropriate methods of presentation to facilitate decisions for further action
- Bachelor’s degree in health related field required. Masters degree preferred.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 3-5 years healthcare experience, previous quality experience preferred
- Knowledge of quality, safety and performance improvement principles, regulatory standards, multidisciplinary team process
- Ability to lead large and/or complex projects including design, project management and documentation including final report preparation and presentation
- Strong change management and negotiation/conflict management skills
- Proficient analytical and data management skills, including statistical analysis
- Proven facilitation skills and ability to manage multiple change initiatives
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Must have knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation programs
- Ability to work with a variety of software and analytical tools
- Minnesota RN license preferred.
- Quality certification preferred (CPHQ, ASQ, etc.).
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part time position 28 hours per week
- Day shift
- Non contract
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA