Position Summary: The primary responsibility of the Vice President of Performance Improvement is to provide direction and administration to the general operations of Schneider Regional Medical Center. The Vice President of Quality & Performance Improvement will formulate, implement and manage a continuous Performance Improvement Plan for Schneider Regional Medical Center designed to assess and enhance procedure and processes toward improving the quality of patient care and SRMC administration, including infection control and risk management programs to provide surveillance, prevention and control of infection, reduce potential risk in the clinical and environmental aspects of patient care and ensure safety for patients and visitors, together with all employees and facilities within the hospital.
The Vice President of Quality and Performance Improvement is responsible for ensuring compliance with hospital, governmental, The Joint Commission, CMS and all other regulatory agencies management expectations. And other duties as this as assigned. This person assumes responsibility and accountability for the duties of the position and is cognizant of the philosophy, standards, objectives, and policies of the Schneider Regional Medical Center and their respective Department.
The Vice President of Quality and Performance Improvement will be a member of SRMC’s executive team and participates with leaders from the governing board, management, medical staff and clinical areas in the hospital’s decision making structure and process. The Vice President of Quality and Performance Improvement participates with these leaders in the development and ongoing review of the hospital’s mission, strategic plans, budgets, resources allocation, operational plans and policies. As a leader and relationship builder, the Vice President of Quality & Performance will work to enhance relationships which are built on a high degree of trust, effective communication, teamwork and mutual respect.
Hazards & Physical Requirements:
Is aware of risk of exposure to communicable diseases; blood and/or body fluids.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business, Nursing, Management or a related field required. Master’s Degree preferred
- Progressive health care management experience required with acute clinical care background preferred.
- RN preferred
- ·Understanding and knowledge of The Joint Commission and CMS standards
- ·Highly effective communicator, both written and verbal, with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas and concepts
- ·High level of professionalism and integrity, with the ability to handle and manage confidential information
- ·Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong relationships at all levels with confidence