Date:Jan 30, 2014
Location:Lakewood, CO, US
Physical Location:SAH-ST ANTHONY HOSPITAL
Department Name:SAH POST ANESTHESIA CARE UNIT
Status:Per Requested Need (PRN)
Hours per Pay Period:PRN
Required Education:BSN Preferred
Required Experience:2 years
Certificate/Licensure:Colorado RN License
Contact Information:Cori May
Assumes responsibility and accountability for facilitating, communicating, and collaborating with both the healthcare team, and the patient/family to identify and meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient. Promotes the optimal health, well being and safety of the patient through use of the nursing process and in accordance with patient care standards, guidelines and the State Nurse Practice Act. Demonstrates personal accountability for relationship-based care, organizational mission, and core values.
• Provide post anesthesia care to patients after surgical, GI, CVIL or other procedural episodes of care.
• Provide Phase I level of care receiving patients directly from the OR post-anesthetic.
• Provide Phase II level of care to include educating patient/family members about post anesthesia care.
• Discharge patients appropriately from surgical or procedural episode of care.
• Cross train into Prep Recovery North, South, and Central.
• Customer service skill demonstrated by the use of St. Anthony core values when interacting with patients, families and physicians.
• Provide recording assistance during a T-10 trauma.
• On-Call time required.
• Current Colorado RN license/ Current RN license from a participating state in National Licensure Compact
• Current BLS certification from American Heart Association required;
Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
ENPC or PALS required. BSN required.
ON CALLhours (24 hours minimum) )required within 6 weeks
ACLS, PALS or ENPC required
Minimum 2 years experience in a critical care and/or PACU setting
**This position requires an assessment**
Ability to take call/on-call, Prior Experience preferred, flexibility in assignment, ability to work in Pre-Op, PACU and Pre-Admission Teaching/Testing