ARNP - Urgent Care - (140057)
Department: VM Federal Way - Adult Primary Care
FTE: 40 hours per week
Location: WA-Federal Way
With numerous awards and distinctions, including our recognition as Top Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group, Virginia Mason has transformed health care through our innovations in patient safety and our ability to provide patients in our community with easier access to our high-quality care. Consisting of a 336-bed hospital in Seattle, WA, and an extensive network of primary and specialty care clinics throughout the Puget Sound region, joining Virginia Mason is an exceptional opportunity to partner with nationally recognized physicians and peers, and an organization recognized as the benchmark for health care.
As amember of our team, you will contribute to the strength of our Team Medicine approach to collaborative medicine. You will also help to further our commitment to continuous improvement through our Virginia Mason Production System, and our philosophy of empowering you to facilitate real change in the delivery of care. Join us, and find out how many ways Virginia Mason offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - your patients.
- Participate in urgent care program development
- Assist with marketing the new urgent care facilities and services to the community
- Leadership role in developing new work flows, development of urgent care team and employee and patient satisfaction
- Performs routine physical exams, as well as educates and counsels the patient.
- Consults by telephone with patients' other health care providers. Completes paperwork.
- Ensures warm hand offs and referrals of patients to primary care or specialty providers with appropriate documentation
- Able to work independently within the scope of their education and licensure
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solving skills and ability to make the appropriate decisions quickly
- Participates in quality assurance activities.
- Accountabilities will vary depending on specialty area.
- Washington State Registered Nurse License and an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner License are required for this job.
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and National Provider Identifier (NPI) numbers may be required depending on the position, as well as prescriptive authority.
- Advanced background in nursing; an understanding of anatomy, physiology, histology, and pharmacology; and strong interpersonal and counseling skills.
- Certification by specialty area as well as work experience in specialty area may be required, depending on the position.
Virginia Mason offers much more than competitive compensation and benefits. With continuing education opportunities and the added potential of relocation assistance, you will find our commitment to your well-being is both rewarding and refreshing.
There is also the lifestyle benefit that comes with finding yourself in the heart of the Pacific Northwest. Surrounded by the vibrancy and sophistication of one of the country's most livable cities, finding the perfect urban or outdoor pursuit will instinctively and pleasurably become second nature.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.