Providence is calling a full-time (36 hrs/wk) Registered Nurse Maternity Services/Birth Center for a night shift (12-hours) position at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital in Hood River, OR.
In this position, you will:
- Provide and supervises professional, independent nursing care for Providence's patients that is as evidence-based as possible. Care is based in the nursing process and is consistent with the Oregon Nurse Practice Act.
- Apply knowledge of assessing, planning, ordering, giving, delegating, teaching and supervising professional nursing care delivery that promotes patient's optimal health and independence.
- Have a broad range of general nursing knowledge and expertise. In addition, development and validation of knowledge and skills essential to the assigned department, patient population and/or practice area are crucial.
- Participate and leads clinical teams and may supervise, assign or delegate to licensed practical nurses (LPNs), certified nursing assistants (CNAs) and other health care workers.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current, unencumbered Oregon RN license.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) required at time of hire.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA-BLS) for Health Care Provider certification required within 6 months of hire.
- NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) certification.
- Labor & Delivery, Post Partum & Newborn experience.
- Relevant training and certifications applicable to the position, as specified by the Nurse Manager.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing strongly preferred, required for newly hired Registered Nurses as of 2018.
- One year acute care RN experience.
- STABLE course, recent fetal monitoring class, specialty certification.
New to Specialty
- 1 year acute care RN experience or completion of senior clinical experience in L&D/Birth Center setting.
- NRP certification within 6 months of hire.
Answer the call. Providenceiscalling.jobs
When applying online, please reference job number 47983.
For more information, contact:
Providence Health & Services is an equal opportunity employer.