Job ID: 12499
Shift: Regular Schedule Day
Schedule Type: Part-time with Benefits
Weekend Work: ..
Department Name: Cancer Ctr BMT
On Call: ..
More information about this job:
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
The Blood & Marrow Transplant Nurse is a Registered Professional Nurse who is responsible for the primary care of the adult transplant patients and their families. As such, he/she assumes responsibility and accountability for the nursing process, patient care, and his/her own professional practice. The Blood & Marrow Transplant Nurse will direct and oversee the care provided by other caregivers by delegation, supervision, validation, evaluation, and coordination. 1. Performs assessment/data collection in an ongoing and systemic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychological, and cognitive status of the patient.
2. Uses the outcome based practice model of delivery of care by demonstrating competency in clinical judgment, select technical skills, and appropriate knowledge base.
3. Implements and coordinates the care of transplant patients in a knowledgeable, skillful, consistent manner utilizing procedures, protocols, and standards of care.
4. Evaluates the effectiveness of care toward the achievement of desired outcomes.
5. Collaborates with the stem cell clinician and transplant physician.
6. Participates in the development of standards as assigned. Adheres to professional and transplant specific standards of practice.
7. Maintains a knowledge base and is able to articulate the Performance Improvement initiatives of the Medical Center and the transplant program.
8. Assists in the collection of data aimed at nursing research.
9. Adheres to policies/procedures related to infection control measures. Utilizes clean and sterile techniques in patient care to minimize the potential of nosocomial infections and maintains patient and employee safety.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required: 1. Demonstrates knowledge base in areas of outcome based standards, protocols, medications, standards of care, patient classification data, and significant lab values as defined generically in the Medical Center and specifically in Blood & Marrow Transplantation.
2. Is able to function independently in the stem cell/BMT setting.
3. Validated in Reinfusion procedure and Care of Transplant Patient. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred: