Job ID: 12492
Schedule Type: Part-time with Benefits
Weekend Work: Every Other Weekend
Department Name: 4 South-Orthopedics
On Call: ..
More information about this job:
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
The Clinical Level I Nurse functions as a caregiver for a specific patient population in order to achieve desired outcomes. This entry level position directs and oversees the care provided by other caregivers through delegation, validation, evaluation, and coordination. This position effectively coordinates patient care/unit activities among nursing peers, physicians and support services.
1. Demonstrates familiarity with the shared governance model, the blue print for professional nursing and performance improvement.
2. Functions as a Registered Professional Nursing using the patient centered care model by consistently delivering safe and appropriate care to a specific patient population utilizing the nursing process.
3. Performs assessment/data collection in an ongoing and systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychological and cognitive status.
4. Plans individualized patient care based on assessment and implements well defined interventions in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
5. Evaluates patient's response to interventions and make appropriate changes to achieve desired outcomes in progressing patients to a predefined length of stay.
6. Accurately documents the components of the nursing process per HUMC policy.
7. Demonstrates respectful and effective communication with patients, families and colleagues.
8. Develops on emerging awareness of ethical issues and how they relate to clinical practice.
9. Demonstrates applied knowledge base in areas of policies, procedures, standards of care and medications by utilizing HUMC intranet references as resource to deliver proper patient care and achieve desired outcomes.
10. Discusses care as it relates to evidence-based practice.
11. Recognizes and responds to opportunities to promote and market HUMC
12. Recognizes patient satisfaction issues and adjusts patient care delivery accordingly when appropriate
13. Adheres to the American Nurses Association Code for Nurses with Interpretive Statements.
14. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
15. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Graduate of a NLN/AACN accredited program in nursing.
2. BSN; or minimum of 1 year experience for existing, internal RN candidates only.
3. Current valid NJ State Professional Registered Nurse license.
4. Maintains American Heart Association Basic Life Support HCP Certification.