Job ID: 12801
Shift: Regular Schedule Day
Schedule Type: Full Time with Benefits
Weekend Work: No Weekends Required
Department Name: Thoracic Surgery
On Call: No On-Call Required
More information about this job:
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
The Patient Navigator is an advocate and educator for the surgical patient, as well as family members through the breast care/cancer continuum.
Essential Generic Job Functions (List in order of importance):
1. Facilitate communication between patients and healthcare providers.
2. Provides education and educational resources to patients and their families.
3. Supports the patient and family in coping with the psychological aspects of their surgery and diagnosis.
4. Coordinates appointments with providers for timely delivery of diagnostic and therapeutic services.
5. Refers as appropriate to collaborative care areas.
6. Eliminates barriers for patients to optimize care.
7. Provides community education to raise public awareness.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred: