Date:Feb 21, 2014
Location:Lakewood, CO, US
Physical Location:SAH-ST ANTHONY HOSPITAL
Department Name:SAH RISK MANAGEMENT
Status:Part Time - Benefits Elig
Hours per Pay Period:64
Required Education:Bachelors Degree
Required Experience:3 - 5years
Contact Information:Alex Klipfel
Supports the operations of the Patient Safety Department and works across departments, health disciplines, and other facilities to promote patient safety and reduce risks for patients, families, and staff. Responsibilities include managing the electronic occurrence reporting system, conducting investigations related to adverse events, designing action plans, coaching/consulting staff related to safety improvements, and monitoring safety outcomes through data analysis and safety reports. Will report directly to the Manager of the Patient Safety Department.
• Collaborates across departments, disciplines, and outside agencies to interview staff, review records, and investigate safety events.
• Maintains and utilizes the electronic occurrence reporting system to regularly review safety events and implement or monitor appropriate follow-up, based on clinical judgment, a safety evaluation, and a liability assessment.
• Develop action plans to make situations immediately safe, to correct the breakdown in system processes, to mitigate potential and actual professional liability, and to reduce harm to patients and staff.
• Consults with managers/directors, and other staff to analyze data, identify variances from standard/best practice, and determine how to minimize risk and optimize patient safety across different settings.
• Coaches managers in patient safety/risk reduction strategies to resolve issues found in occurrence reports.
• Trains staff to use the electronic occurrence reporting system, and provides frequent patient safety updates, to keep staff current on operational changes.
• Appropriately refers medical quality of care issues to the Medical Staff Office and Chief Medical Officer, as appropriate.
• Collaborates with the Patient Safety Manager to notify leaders when a serious adverse event occurs, and report to the State of Colorado, the Centura Director of Claims and Insurance, and other outside regulatory bodies, as appropriate.
• Assists in the processing of automobile and property loss claims through the Centura system.
• Collaborates with the Patient Safety Manager to facilitate Catholic Health Initiative Projects designed to improve patient safety/risk management processes and outcomes.
• Carries out miscellaneous duties, as needed, to support the goals of the Patient Safety Department and regulatory survey needs.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Certification in Risk Management, Patient Safety, or Quality preferred.
Masters degree in Nursing or health related field preferred.
4 years experience as an RN, with 1-2 years in a medical-surgical or critical care setting preferred. Experience across acute care, ambulatory, and/or home health settings is highly desirable.
1 year experience in data analysis/reporting, preferably in a healthcare setting.
1 year experience leading or facilitating patient safety, risk management, or quality projects/activities.
Experience in staff education, information technology (IT) training, or nursing informatics is highly desirable.
Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer