Registered Nurse- ER, Peds, FT(Job Number: 00102-3954)
Work Location: United States-Florida-Fort Pierce-Lawnwood Regional Medical Cntr-St. Lucie County
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
In 2011, our 365-bed hospital earned a spot on the Joint Commission's elite list of Top Performing Hospitals based on key quality indicators. Only 14% of hospitals in the nation made the list and Lawnwood's patient outcomes placed our facility in the number one spot on that list! Join our team of top performing professionals and experience the kind of fast-paced, challenging health care you envisioned when you chose this exciting career.
The Emergency Department RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- ACLS PALS TNCC ENPC
- Specifically seeking Pediatric ED RN
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, ER, ED, Emergency Room, Emergency Department, Emergency Dept, Peds, Pediatrics, FT, Full time, Evening shiftPI74685688