Registered Nurse- TAVR Navigator, FT(Job Number: 00102-3782)
Work Location: United States-Florida-Fort Pierce-Lawnwood Regional Medical Cntr-St. Lucie County
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
In 2011, our 365-bed hospital earned a spot on the Joint Commission's elite list of Top Performing Hospitals based on key quality indicators. Only 14% of hospitals in the nation made the list and Lawnwood's patient outcomes placed our facility in the number one spot on that list! Join our team of top performing professionals and experience the kind of fast-paced, challenging health care you envisioned when you chose this exciting career.
Plan, coordinate and implement the care of the valve patient in the outpatient setting. Acts as a liaison with the physicians, patient/familes and ancillary departments.
the medical, nursing, and financial staff as appropriate. Develops and implements a teaching plan with the patient and family which includes lab
values, medication overview and diagnosis related information.
1. Carries out established techniques for safe administration of medications and parental fluids per hospital policies; correctly administers medications based on age of the patient and the patient's clinical condition.
2. Follows established guidelines for reporting a medical error/near miss, or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
3. Consistently displays behavior that enhances the image of the organization as evidenced by professional and courteous behavior toward customers including co-workers. Takes pride in the hospital's physical environment; supports the mission and vision of the organization.
4. Demonstrates the ability to work independently and without direct supervision; sets priorities, completes assignments by designated timelines, demonstrates self motivation.
5. Assists with, coordinates and organizes functions that supports the Valve clinic. Works collaboratively with Marketing personnel; assists with community events as related to promoting the valve clinic; promotes clinical education; and community awareness.
6. Demonstrates a working knowledge of pertinent computer systems and imaging software (i.e., MUSE, CV PACS; Meditech;...)
7. Responsible for full nursing assessment of clinic patients. This includes the adult, geriatric and the general population. Performs cardiovascular assessment, recognizes and documents heart sounds and shares information appropriately. Performs accurate documentation of vital signs, symptoms of disease process, NYHA and angina class.
8. Assesses and reassesses pain; utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
9. Plans, coordinates and directs patient care to ensure patients' needs are met and hospital policy is followed.
10. Formulates/revises plan of care as indicated by the patient's response to treatment, evaluates overall plan for effectiveness, and documents on at least a daily basis.
11. Demonstrates knowledge of critical thinking skills; breaks down a situation into smaller pieces to identify key or underlying issues; able to figure out cause and effect relationships. Demonstrates the ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations
12. Exhibits knowledge of frequently used cardiac and vasoactive medications, including their administration, dosage, and side effects.
13. Communicates appropriately and clearly to Administrator, co-workers, physicians, patients, and family members.
14. Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity, upholds confidentiality. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
15. Coordinates information among referring, primary care, and valve clinic physicians and ancillary departments. Makes referrals as appropriate as noted by physician.
16. Demonstrates ability to educate the patient and family regarding procedure plan, medications, and treatments; assists patient and family throughout the hospitalization and testing process.
17. Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formulation of the plan of care. Responds promptly to patient/family needs, answers questions and returns phone calls promptly.
19. Maintains a collegial working relationship both within the department and with other departments. Serves as a resource for the hospital staff regarding the care of the valve patient
20. Consults other departments as appropriate to provide and collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities.
21. Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function well under stressful situations. Channels concerns appropriately, deals with conflict appropriately and privately.
22. Facilitate the development of a patient specific teaching plan
23. Review clinical progress of patients and coordinates, communicates to referring, vlave , and primary physicians, along with any associated research team members.
24. Plans, coordinates, and implements care of the Valve patients in the Valve Clinic
25. Complies with, and completes, all other duties as assigned.
26. Demonstrates knowledge of, and utilizes appropriately, the occurrence reporting system; uses the system to report potential patient safety issues and investigates occurrence reports as requested, submitting follow-up within identified time frame.
27. Reviews and makes recommendations for medications appropriate to the patient
28. Initiate pulmonary and renal protection per protocol and physician orders
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN
- Current certification as a BLS/ACLS Healthcare Provider.
- Previous experience in a critical care setting and or similar programs
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, TAVR Navigator, FT, Full time, Day shift, No weekendsPI74685753