|Weiss Memorial Hospital-Chicago,Illinois|
Under the supervision of the Nurse Coordinators and Staff Nurses, according to established guidelines, assists physicians and nurses with patient care and procedures.
1. Level of knowledge normally acquired through the completion of high school with courses in math, English, and typing.
2. One to three months of training and experience in a healthcare field to acquire a basic knowledge of medical terminology, know correct procedures for chart preparation and record maintenance and know how to interact effectively with until personnel and others.
3. Successful completion of PCT exam to validate all required skills.
4. The ability to differentiate the needs and characteristics of patients of varying age groups.
5. The skills in reading, writing, and arithmetic to order supplies and to maintain appropriate level of inventory.
6. Clerical ability to transcribe orders, prepare routine reports and tabulate outline data.
7. Interpersonal skills necessary to frequently interact in a courteous manner with patients, physicians, nursing staff, visitors and other departmental personnel.
8. CRT and typing skills.
9. CPR certified
10. Ability to deal with a number of tasks simultaneously.