The Home Health Assessment Program (HHA) is designed to assist E-TANF recipients who are exempt from the E-TANF work requirement due to physical or behavioral conditions; have been repeatedly unsuccessful in obtaining and maintaining unsubsidized employment; have received benefits for four or more years and are unemployed. The Nurse Practitioner will report to the Project Director and will be responsible for in-home initial physical health assessments for all HHA clients. The Nurse Practitioner will meet with welfare recipients in their homes and determine the existence of physical health conditions, and then make recommendations about the recipients’ ability to work.
- Assess the presence, type, and severity of any physical health problems, in clients’ homes
- Assess the need for further evaluation by medical specialists.
- Determine employment potential for each assessed recipient.
- Collaborate closely with all members of project team, especially HHA Behavioral Health Assessors.
- Produce written summaries of all assessments.
- Attend all scheduled trainings and meetings.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Excellent engagement, assessment, and clinical skills.
- Excellent record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Experience conducting physical health evaluations.
- Experience with home visiting.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
Education Requirement: MSN
Licensure: RN, CRNP as Adult, Family, Occupational Health or Rehabilitation Nurse Practitioner.