RN - Adult Day Services - Memory Care
M-F Daytime Hours Only
At House of Welcome Adult Day Services (HOW), we provide specialized programs for persons with memory loss from Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. We are located at 1779 Winnetka Road, Northfield, Illinois 60093 at the Arthur C. Nielsen, Jr. Campus of the North Shore Senior Center. We offer a variety of services to support the person with memory loss and family members, including a day program, early memory loss programs, a family support group, and community education.
Please visit our website at www.nssc.org to learn more about us.
We are looking for a full-time Registered Nurse to assist the Nurse Manager. There are no evening or weekend hours required. Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting Nurse Manager with coordination and provision of nursing services for all HOW participants, including monitoring health/medical status/needs and communicating with family members and HOW staff regarding these issues, management/dispensing of medications, and appropriate record keeping.
- Maintaining daily record keeping, individual participant records and other required program records.
- Collaboratively planning and implementing daily activities for adult day services program.
- Ensuring the care and safety of program participants, physically assisting them with activities of daily living, monitoring their whereabouts and needs, and monitoring the environment.
- Communicating with family caregivers on issues relating to needs of participants.
- Demonstrating effective nursing care skills.
- Demonstrating knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias and effective caregiving techniques.
- Responding to medical emergencies and performs CPR/AED and First Aid.
The requirements for this position include but are not limited to:
- RN licensed in Illinois
- Requires three years experience caring for persons with Alzheimer’s disease or dementias
- Requires three years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge of the aging process and chronic disorders including Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
- Demonstrated high level of maturity, reliability, and flexibility
- Ability to and interest in work with older, impaired population
- Ability to work on a team in a group setting
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds, including moving furniture and supplies
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 7 hours per dayAbility to make visual and auditory assessments, and react quickly in varied situations.
For consideration, please send you resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and shall not be considered to include all essential functions or a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.Additional physical, certification and medical clearance requirements will be discussed during the interview and can be found in the job description.