The University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System is seeking a Director, Clinical Documentation Improvement in the Office of the Chief Health Information Officer (CHIO).
The incumbent will manage the day-to-day operations of the Clinical Documentation Improvement Department, which is responsible for the ongoing assessment and continuous improvement of all phases of the Clinical Documentation function within each medical staff department across the UI Hospital and Health Sciences System.
- Bachelor's Degree required, BSN preferred.
- Licensed Registered Nurse by the State of Illinois required.
- Advance clinical experience gained by broad base clinical experience in an inpatient setting, including 10 years acute care and 3 years of Clinical Documentation Improvement required.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with quality indicators, treatment methodology patient care assessment, data collection techniques and coding classifications systems.
- Broad knowledge of insurance regulations and Medicare and Medicaid guidelines.
- Proficient database and spreadsheet analysis skills
- Strong financial and business management skills required to run a fiscally responsible program while ensuring consistent improvement
- Ability to analyze complex clinical scenarios and apply critical thinking
- Extensive experience with reimbursement systems
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state, and payer-specifics regulations and policies pertaining to documentations and coding.
Salary & Benefits: The University of Illinois offers competitive benefit packages, including: vacation days, paid holidays, Floating Holidays, State University Retirement System, tuition waiver, tuition discount for dependents, and excellent medical, dental, and vision packages.
For fullest consideration, please submit resume by Thursday, February 20, 2014:
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.