Date:Feb 19, 2014
Location:Westminster, CO, US
Physical Location:SAH-ST ANTHONY NORTH HOSPITAL
Department Name:SAN UTILIZATION ASSESS&IMPRO
Hours per Pay Period:80
Required Education:Bachelors Degree Preferred
Required Experience:2 years
Certificate/Licensure:Colorado RN License
Contact Information:Alex Klipfel
The Case Manager facilitates the care plan for the inpatient/Observation episodes of care, proactively monitor clinical quality and facilitate timely discharge. Using a collaborative interdisciplinary approach, the Case Manager will confirm the plan of care and focus on anticipation, integration and coordination of clinical care and discharge planning services necessary to meet the needs of patients in order to optimize clinical outcomes and resource utilization. Utilization review and monitoring will be done on all payers.
• Obtains, reviews and analyzes information relative to admission in accordance with hospital policy and documents assessment using Extended Care Information Network (ECIN) and/or other clinical information system
• Assess/reassess patient’s clinical and psychosocial status, diagnosis, and treatment plan involving physician/physicians as needed
• Facilitates discharge planning using ECIN working with patients, families and treatment team making any needed referrals /arrangements and documenting actions
• Participates in the Performance Improvement process through concurrent chart review and participation on Clinical Effectiveness Teams
• Documents CM actions taken in medical record
• Proactively reviews medical records for compliance with Core Measure initiatives and other quality initiatives and confers with nursing staff on actions needed.• Confirms treatment goals and anticipated plan of care through discussions with treatment team/review of documentation
• Utilizes tools such as guidelines, criteria or clinical pathways to assist in facilitating plan of care and appropriateness
• Communicates treatment goals or best practices to treatment team including physician using established criteria/guidelines• Assess, coordinates and evaluates use of resources and services relative to plan of care and discusses variances on an as needed basis with treatment team
• Communicates modifications in plan of care to treatment team and any needs for further documentation
• Facilitates Family Conference meetings on an as needed basis and documents outcome
• Participates and/or leads interdisciplinary rounds to facilitate plan of care and discharge
• Reviews variance in Plan of Care, CM, Director/Manager as needed
• Assists to streamline the care delivery process to minimize or eliminate unnecessary steps or delays and promote timely Peer Review
• ADN or MSW required; RN, BSN preferred.
• 4 years of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse or Case Management/ Utilization Review or discharge planning or quality in hospital setting.
• Previous experience in acute Case Management strongly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer