In the role of Prospective Payment System Coordinator, you will coordinate the assessment of patients and ensure compliance with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Further, you will plan, organize, and evaluate the Rehabilitation Prospective Payment System Process. You will also assist with monitoring the process of rehab admission and the development of the plan of care and patient discharge.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Ensures completion of the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility Patient Assessment Instrument (IRF PAI) for all IRF admissions according to CMS PPS schedules.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of the PPS instrument leading to appropriate reimbursement based on designated case mix group (CMG).
- Reviews compliance threshold to ensure facility maintains IRF designation.
- Reviews documentation of all disciplines and care plans to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Educates staff regarding completion of the PPS instrument, including each discipline's specific responsibilities.
- Reports deficient assessments to effect immediate improvement.
- Develops quality improvement indicators related to PPS.
- Submits required data to CMS and other entities as directed.
- Participates in team conference and care plan meetings.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, preferred. Must be enrolled in an accredited program within 24 months of employment, if hired after September 1, 2010 and obtain a BSN Degree within five (5) years of employment date.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
- Minimum of three (3) years clinical experience, including acute inpatient rehabilitation experience, required.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.