Facility: Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center
Department: PHYSICIAN ASSISTANTS
Location: Chicago, IL
Req Number: 125568
Essential Functions: An Advanced Practice Nurse practices within the scope of the Advanced Practice Act to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, high quality, individualized nursing care, based upon knowledge and experience, the nursing process and leadership skills. The APN/NP incorporates the carative factors of human care and performs established procedures in accordance with the organization's and the nursing division policies, procedures, and standards of care.
The APN/NP is a specialty health care provider who provides medical and nursing services to individuals and families. The APN/NP is adept at diagnosing and managing acute and chronic illnesses, and emphasizes health promotion and disease prevention. Services include, but are not limited to, ordering, conducting and interpreting diagnostic and laboratory tests, prescribing medications, and teaching and counseling individuals and families. Comprehensive health assessments with a broad scope of medical management for patients with acute and/or chronic health problems characterize the APN/NP's practice.
Master's Degree in Nursing. Registered Nurse with current Illinois License.
Certification in clinical specialty. BLS required.
- Special interest in the management of endocrine disorders.
- 3-5 years experience in a clinical role.
- Experience in staff education, and quality management preferred.
- Experience working with teams as a member and leader.
- Good customer relations and interpersonal skills.
- Preferred computer skills include, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.