Oncology Nurse Navigator
Job ID: 12742
Shift: Regular Schedule Day
Schedule Type: Full Time with Benefits
Weekend Work: No Weekends Required
Department Name: The Cancer Center
On Call: No On-Call Required
More information about this job:
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
The Oncology Nurse Navigator, in collaboration with the oncologists, oncology APN¿s, and the entire healthcare team, oversees and supports the oncology patient and their significant other(s). This care is begun during initial consultation and continues throughout the treatment continuum
1. Participates in the collaboration with physicians, nursing staff, and interdisciplinary team in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care for selected patients and their families.
2. During initial assessments, identifies problems, and helps adherence to evidence-based guidelines/solutions to meet desired measurable outcomes and documents all care/findings as per policy.
3. Maintains a communication system which ensures comprehensive and timely transmission of information to physicians, nursing staff, and the interdisciplinary team.
4. Supports immediate revision of the plan of care as per the physician and collaborating APN¿s and by their order initiates immediate teaching/education with the oncology patient and their significant other(s) to support/meet desired outcomes and documents appropriately.
5. Monitors documentation in the medical record to ensure patient outcomes are achieved and maintained based on established standards of care.
6. Identifies and links patients to available community partners and services.
7. Participates in continuous process improvement efforts to improve patient outcomes, assures appropriate utilization of resources and increases patient satisfaction.
8. To provide extraordinary compassionate care to all we care for and absolute teamwork with our colleagues.
9. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
10. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Graduate of an NLN/AACN accredited program in nursing.
2. Bachelor¿s Degree.
3. 2 years experience as a registered nurse.
4. Current valid NJ State Professional Registered Nurse license.
5. Certification in area of specialty.