JTCC Oncology Nurse Concierge
Job ID: 12760
Shift: Regular Schedule Day
Schedule Type: Full Time with Benefits
Weekend Work: No Weekends Required
Department Name: The Cancer Center
On Call: No On-Call Required
More information about this job:
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
The JTCC Oncology Nurse Concierge (ONC) is a point of reference for referring physicians seeking evaluation of patients with who have a diagnosis or may potentially have a diagnosis of cancer. The ONC will work closely with the intake department, JTCC physicians and nurses in routing, navigating, facilitating next steps. The ONC will be available by phone or in-person to new/potentially new patients and any current patients at any stage of the continuum of care.
1. Facilitate the entry of patients into the cancer program and coordinate care.
2. Have the ability to follow the patient if needed throughout our broad array of cancer care services from referral through treatment and support care to survivorship.
3. Evaluate progress of patients along the continuum.
4. Be an ambassador of the JTCC and work closely with the Physicians in all specialty areas both within our hospital system and externally to coordinate patient's care plan and work with the multidisciplinary team to maintain and implement an up-to-date coordinated care plan.
5. Develop a relationship with all Cancer Program physicians and serve as a liaison between specialists and patient's referring physician.
6. Provide patient education across the continuum of care and provide symptom management and test results for patients.
7. The ONC needs to be educated and aware of all services available through JTCC, as well as community resources and links patients to support services including the latest clinical trials and options available to our patients.
8. Assist clinic staff, research team, and physicians with accruing cancer patients to clinical trials. Have current knowledge of research resources available and the ability to answer basic questions.
9. Assist with tracking of metric and quality indicators for diagnosing and treating cancers promptly and effectively.
10. Work with cancer survivors and other health care team members to determine a survivorship program and develop long term plan for patients.
11. Collaborates with the healthcare team in data collection and statistical activities to facilitate problem identification and resolution to improve quality of patient care.
12. Attend and participate in Multidisciplinary Conferences and educational functions within the cancer center. Be aware of all upcoming events.
13. Provide patient and physician support for procedures.
14. Assume other leadership roles as required by the departments.
15. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). The process includes communicating with the patient and/or primary care giver (s) at their level (developmental level/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
16. Adheres to the Medical Center's Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. BSN required.
2. Minimum of 1 year of oncology experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. OCN preferred.