RN Case Manager
Job ID: 12740
Shift: Regular Schedule Day
Schedule Type: Full Time with Benefits
Weekend Work: No Weekends Required
Holidays: As Needed
Department Name: Cancer Ctr BMT
On Call: No On-Call Required
More information about this job:
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
The Rn Case Manager-BS oversees and directs the patient care activities for a specific group of patients, revises the plan of care based on population specific guidelines/protocols, and oversees the direct delivery of care to patients ranging in age from infancy (birth - 11th month) to geriatrics (ages 65 plus) by the multidisciplinary team.
1. Collaborates with physicians, nursing staff, and multidisciplinary team in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care for selected patients and their families.
2. Functions as a clinical resource person for nursing staff, physicians, and multidisciplinary team in identifying problems and developing solutions to meet desired, measurable outcomes.
3. Develops and maintains a communication system which ensures comprehensive and timely transmission of information to physicians, nursing staff, and the multidisciplinary team.
4. Revises the plan of care in collaboration with the patient, family, physician, nursing staff, and other multidisciplinary staff members to meet desired outcomes.
5. Monitors documentation in the medical record to ensure patient outcomes are achieved and maintained based on established standards of care.
6. Establishes a system for coordinating the patient's care along the continuum, spanning each geographic area in which care is provided.
7. Establishes a means of communicating and collaborating with the multidisciplinary team involved in the care of the patient population and conducts patient conferences.
8. Identifies and implements strategies to ensure appropriate utilization of resources to achieve desired measurable outcomes.
9. Collects, analyzes, and shares data to assess compliance with established guidelines/protocols that ensure achievement of positive patient outcomes.
10. Educates the multidisciplinary team to ensure compliance with current established guidelines/protocols.
11. Manages the patient's transition logs along the continuum and facilitates referrals to the appropriate healthcare provider or setting when applicable.
12. Participates in the development of guidelines/protocols that are utilized in planning patient care and monitoring achievement of patient outcomes.
13. Participates in professional activities (management meetings, conventions, workshops), organizes seminars, and participates in continuing education workshops to enhance professional practice for self and multidisciplinary team members.
14. Identifies potential areas for research and collaborates with multidisciplinary team to design, conduct, and participate in appropriate research projects.
15. Participates in continuous process improvement efforts to improve patient outcomes, assures appropriate utilization of resources and increases patient satisfaction.
16. Adheres to established Patient Charging Systems working with area specific registrars/billing coordinators, Admission Center to assure appropriate access to care for their specialty population.
17. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
18. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Graduate of an NLN/AACN accredited program in nursing.
2. Bachelor's Degree.
3. 2 years experience as a registered nurse.
4. Current valid NJ State Professional Registered Nurse license.
5. Certification in area of specialty.