|Department:||Palliative Care Program|
Position Responsibilities:The Nurse Practitioner will plan, implement and evaluate the provision of palliative care to the patients of RWJ Hamilton. He/she will accept responsibility for the development, coordination and implementation of the palliative care program by designing tools, collecting, aggregating and analyzing data relative to the quality of care and efficiency of the program. He/she will provide education to all stakeholder groups while working efficiently and being fiscally responsible. He/she will also initiates programs to improve program performance and to enhance the service to our patients.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must possess a license as an Advance Practice Nurse for the State of New Jersey.
- Previous palliative care experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years nursing experience; clinical nursing care in oncology, hospice, geriatrics, intensive care preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must have the ability to work in team environment, as a leader and/or a member.