At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference in the way health care is practiced.
DaVita is the dialysis division of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., a Fortune 500® company that, through its operating divisions, provides a variety of health care services to patient populations throughout the United States and abroad.
A leading provider of kidney care in the United States, DaVita delivers dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita strives to improve patients’ quality of life by innovating clinical care, and by offering integrated treatment plans, personalized care teams and convenient health-management services.
Our true measure of success? Our clinical outcomes consistently rank above the national average. We attribute that success to our most important patient touch point: our teammates!
“We do dialysis, but we are not about dialysis. We are about the lives of our patients, teammates and partners, and the communities in which we operate” – Kent Thiry, Chairman and CEO.
Join us as we continue pursuing our vision “To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen.”
Deerbrook DaVita Dialysis Center
1960 BYPASS RD W
HUMBLE, TX 77338-4039
Award-winning training. Nurses who lead.
We are looking for Dialysis Experienced RN's that have worked in a Charge RN role or are ready to take the next step into a Charge RN role!
Make the most of your leadership skills to help patients live better lives. In this vital front-line role at an outpatient clinic or hospital unit, you will oversee all aspects of its operation. You will supervise direct patient care, perform patient assessment; develop and administer dialysis plans; analyze patient data; and administer medications, fluid therapy/blood products, and other treatments per physician orders. You also will perform teammate and patient scheduling; train new teammates; and prepare, monitor and maintain dialysis machines and systems.
Our nurse leadership means everything. From new nurses to tenured professionals, DaVita has a training program and professional development/advancement track just for you-across the range of our industry-leading, innovative modality choices.
Our teams are built on strong relationships through training excellence and patient-centered care.
We offer career options to fit your lifestyle.
What can you expect as a dialysis nurse at DaVita?
Patients - Help patients improve their quality of life by delivering outstanding clinical outcomes.
Success at a DaVita dialysis facility is measured by how well patients respond to their dialysis treatments. As an RN you work with a team including a social worker, dietitian and physician to ensure that each patient receives the best care possible, and in turn lives a healthier life outside of the clinic.
Relationships - Build long-term bonds with your patients and their families.
As a dialysis nurse you see your patients three to four times each week for a few hours at a time, while they receive their treatments. The dialysis lifestyle can be very trying for our patients. By forming relationships with them, our nurses understand each patient's unique needs and help ease some of their burden.
Team - Your team supports one another and creates a fun work environment.
Give me a T, give me an E, finish it up with an A and an M - what's that spell? TEAM! We have seven Core Values that we live and work by and Team is one of them. We work hard - sometimes under pressure - but we work together with the common goal of delivering the best patient care and supporting each other in the process.
As a Hemodialysis RN with DaVita, here are some of things you'll learn and do:
- Perform direct patient care including but not limited to taking/monitoring vital signs, initiation and termination of dialysis, documentation, physical assessment of patients and patient treatments, taking and transcription of physician's orders, drawing and documentation of ordered laboratory work
- Note any signs of trauma, patients' general physical and mental condition, review of dialysis orders, document observations in patient medical records legibly
- Analyze patient assessments, laboratory data and, when concerns are noted, bring issues to the attention of the physician
- Communicate all emergencies, patient life-threatening complications and related incidents to supervisor, Medical Director, Regional Operations Director, Facility or Group Facility Administrator
- Assess patient and family learning readiness and provide appropriate information on renal disease, prescribed dialysis treatment and medical regimen and its impact on the patient's state of health and well-being.
- Provide hemodialysis therapy including but not limited to formulating dialysis plan per physician orders, weight and rate to be ultrafiltrated, ensuring safety measures are in place and complied with, administering medications or other appropriate treatments, discontinuing dialysis according to established procedure, documenting all activity appropriately
- Instruct patient on pre- and post-dialysis care
- Administer patient quality care in a considerate, respectful manner
- Inform Facility Administrator/Clinical Coordinator or Clinical Nurse Manager of all incidents, conditions, problems, counseling and the necessity for further counseling as it relates to teammate, patient care and facility management
- Prepare and maintain dialysis machines and systems per DaVita policy: rinse and reuse procedure, maintain dialyzer records, prepare dialysis water treatment system for use according to established procedure and understand the technical operations to resolve minor problems independently
- Notify bio-medical technician regarding machine or water treatment malfunctions and provide appropriate documentation
- Review treatment records and ensure accuracy of charges
- Participate in quality improvement programs
- Ensure compliance with DaVita policies and procedures in accordance with state and federal regulations relating to patient care and services (CMS, HIPAA, OSHA, AMMI or other governing agencies)
- Comply with state or federal regulations of the Teammate Health and Safety Training Program
- Work overtime with little or no notice as needed
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, quality improvement meetings, educational activities, and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
Some details about this position:
- This is a full-time role working 3-4 days a week, 10-14 hour shifts requiring flexibility Monday through Saturday
- Hours required to be flexible within: 5:00 am - 8:00 pm
- At least 1 year of nursing experience within dialysis is required
- At least 1 year of nursing experience within ICU, CCU, ER, med/surg, telemetry also required
- Spanish fluency is a huge bonus!
- A solid work ethic and FUN nature go a long way at DaVita, so roll up your sleeves and put on your party hat!
- Our patients are the #1 priority and we're looking for the cream of the crop to help make a difference in their lives
- We're looking for the RIGHT person, RIGHT fit, RIGHT attitude!
- If you align closely with our core values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment, and Fun, then DaVita may be the RIGHT place for YOU!