Job ID: 12711
Shift: Regular Schedule Day
Schedule Type: Part-time with Benefits
Weekend Work: Every Other Weekend
Department Name: 3 South-Bariatric Surgery
On Call: No On-Call Required
More information about this job:
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
The Nursing Assistant provides direct patient care under the direction of the RN professional to all assigned patients, and maintains a safe patient area. He/she assumes responsibility and accountability for patient care as a team member in order to achieve established outcomes.
1. Provides direct hygiene and comfort care to patients including bathing, toileting, oral hygiene, incontinent care, and bed making.
2. Takes vital signs under the direction of the RN, and documents accordingly on appropriate flow sheets, and notifies the RN of the results.
3. Performs and documents glucose finger sticks and collects other specimens including stool, urine, and sputum.
4. Obtains and documents daily patient weights and observes and documents patient's intake and output.
5. Provides a safe patient environment by answering call lights promptly, communicating with the RN immediately for any change in patient's condition.
6. Acts in the role of patient sitter.
7. Maintains a clean and safe nursing unit and patient room
8. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
9. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.