At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. To those who embrace the spirit of these words and our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
Department:Medical UD (2110)
PeaceHealth has an exciting opportunity for CNA 2 to join our Medical Department at University District.
This is a 20 hr/wk, Night shift position.
The CNA 2 assists professional nursing personnel in providing quality, compassionate patient care by performing tasks involving direct and indirect patient care, using skills and knowledge in basic nursing assistant procedures and techniques under direction and supervision of a registered nurse.
- Assist in providing direct patient care as delegated by the Registered Nurse within the scope of the CNA licensure.
- Perform basic technical skills which may include: CPR; taking and recording vital signs; measuring and recording fluid intake/output; applying dressings; recognizing and reporting signs and symptoms of common diseases or conditions; administering treatments as directed by a physician or nurse.
- Assist patient with personal care which may include: bathing; mouth and skin care; grooming and dressing; toileting assistance; eating and hydration.
- Provide patients with help walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed.
- Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs.
- Documents relevant patient care data.
- May provide clerical support to the unit; doing order entry, chart processing, answering telephones, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of a Certified Nursing Assistant Acute Care (CNA 2) program required.
- Minimum of one year experience in an acute care facility preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant 2 certification required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Demonstrates a courteous, caring, and understanding attitude towards patients, families, co-workers, visitors, volunteers, peers, and physicians.
- Must be well organized, flexible and able to function effectively and independently as assigned.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer, clerical, phone etiquette and customer service skills
Location:SHMC at University District (422)
Job Category: CNA/LPN/MA
Shift Length:8 Hours
Work Type: Part Time
Salary range starts at: $13.05
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Certified Nurse Assistant 2 - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Eugene, OR || CNA/LPN/MA || Part Time || ROUTINE NURSING SVCS