RN/TELE PART TIME DAYS(Job Number: 01331-1988)
Work Location: United States-Florida-West Palm Beach-West Palm Hospital - formerly Columbia Hospital
West Palm Hospital, located in the heart of West Palm Beach, is a 250-bed acute care facility with over 30 years' experience in providing the highest quality of care to our community. Conveniently located right off I-95, and equipped with large private rooms, soothing environments and technologically advanced medical equipment, our comprehensive service offering not only establishes West Palm Hospital as a premiere, full-service hospital but makes certain that our highly trained and caring staff is prepared to address the healthcare needs of those we serve.
West Palm Hospital has been named one of the nation's top performers on key quality measures by The Joint Commission for the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America. Only 14% of the nation's hospitals receive this honor. Additionally, our stroke program holds a Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission and has earned the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association "Get With The Guidelines - Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award." These distinctions are a direct result of our physicians and employees' commitment to clinical excellence.
The Telemetry/PCU RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The RN demonstrates critical thinking skills, scientific judgment and leadership in the anticipation and planning for the care of the patient. The RN is responsible and accountable for the planning, directing and provision of nursing care to patients in accordance with the Florida Nurse Practice Act, physician's orders, recognized nursing techniques, policies, procedures, established standards and administrative policies.
- Current BLS Healthcare Provider certifications
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical nursing experience