Resident Assessment Coordinator (RN)Prairie Village, KS
• Coordinates accurate completion of the Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) using information in the health information record, Activities of Daily Living (ADL), Flow Sheets, 24 Hour Report and others as appropriate
• Completes Material Data Sets (MDS) in accordance with Federal, State and Local policies, regulations and guidelines
• Maintains schedule of the MDS, Resident Assessment Protocol (RAPs), Care Plans and assessments
• Coordinates and facilitates In Care Plan / Rehabilitation Conferences
• Provides training and education to the skilled nursing clinical team members regarding MDS / Care Plan process and required documentation
• Facilitates the Prospective Payment System (PPS) meetings daily and the Triple Check and Medicare meetings weekly
• Ensures billing information is available for the Business Office Coordinator (BOC) to submit to Sunrise Headquarters on a timely basis
- Graduate of approved college / school of nursing.
• Maintains a current state license as a Professional Registered Nurse (RN), or Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN).
• One (1) year supervisory experience in long term care environment which may include recruiting staff, coaching, performance management, responsibility of daily department operations.
• Material Data Set (MDS) and Care Plan Development experience preferred.
• Ability to complete the AANAC (American Association of Nurses Assessment Coordinators) certification within 90 days of employment.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication and the ability to facilitate small group presentations.
• Competent in organizational, time management skills.
• Ability to accurately assess and document assessments.
• Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills.
• Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office & Sunrise applications with the ability to learn new applications.