At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference in the way health care is practiced.
DaVita is the dialysis division of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., a Fortune 500® company that, through its operating divisions, provides a variety of health care services to patient populations throughout the United States and abroad.
A leading provider of kidney care in the United States, DaVita delivers dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita strives to improve patients’ quality of life by innovating clinical care, and by offering integrated treatment plans, personalized care teams and convenient health-management services.
Our true measure of success? Our clinical outcomes consistently rank above the national average. We attribute that success to our most important patient touch point: our teammates!
“We do dialysis, but we are not about dialysis. We are about the lives of our patients, teammates and partners, and the communities in which we operate” – Kent Thiry, Chairman and CEO.
Join us as we continue pursuing our vision “To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen.”
This VillageHealth Nurse will be based at the UCLA Medical Center. This position functions autonomously and in collaboration with all members of the healthcare team to coordinate and facilitate quality, cost-effective care while minimizing fragmentation of the healthcare delivery system for ESRD and CKD patients. This position provides coordination of care between the patient, family, physician, provider and care teams, the community, and Regional Operations Manager.
All About VillageHealth.
VillageHealth is a Strategic Business Initiative of DaVita and is comprised of a dedicated team of specially trained nurses and professionals providing integrated care management to patients with kidney disease throughout the US. We provide services to help improve the lives of our patients by working with them to prevent complications, reduce the number of avoidable hospitalizations and improve overall health.
Let's face it…the world of healthcare is dynamic and moves at the speed of light. Unlike many healthcare companies in the market today, we acknowledge that our teammates are our most important asset and we want to help them to feel fulfilled in their careers.
When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
- A.D.N degree from accredited school of nursing required; B.S.N preferred; three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- Current RN license in the state of practice required; continuing education credits maintained as required by state of practice required
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in clinical nursing required
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in renal nursing preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of data and managing to clinical, financial, and patient satisfaction outcomes
- Demonstrated experience and effectiveness in change agent role
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of CQI techniques
- Previous experience in healthcare performance coaching required
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Case Manager (CCM) preferred Current CPR certification required Ability to modify personal practice patterns to adapt to new / electronic processes and increased productivity expectations as it pertains to Capella implementation
- Current driver’s license in state employed with positive driving record and able to meet requirements of insurance coverage required
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required
- Functional proficiency with DaVita specific clinical software programs, including Capella, required within 90 days of employment
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
DaVita is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.