Registered Nurse (RN) Admissions / Case Management Surgery Center
We are hiring a qualified Registered Nurse (RN) to work a full-time, 40 hours per week Contract (Mon-Fri for 3-6 months, renewable) as "Pre-Admissions Nurse" or "Case Manager" in a Surgical Center in the Las Cruces, NM area. Travel and lodging expenses will be covered for you. Our client highly prefers a bilingual (Spanish | English) candidate with immediate availability for this position.
- Provides privacy for the pre-admission workup.
- Protects confidentiality of patient information.
- Obtains and documents a complete medical | surgical history.
- Understands and interprets medications, dosages, side effects, etc.
- Performs and documents the assessment examination (when on site assessment is performed).
- Obtains baseline vital signs using the automated vital sign system.
- Obtains & records height and weight.
- Inquire about allergies and reference against physician documentation
- Identifies any ongoing communicable disease or infectious process (flu, MRSA, TB, gangrene, etc.). Notify physician for possible changes in schedules.
- Performs pain level assessment.
- Determines appropriate ASA classification based on patient’s history.
- Identifies high risk clinical issues that require review by anesthesia provider or surgeon; discusses with appropriate provider.
- Understands and interprets physician’s orders.
- Assures the procedure schedule documentation is complete including correct side and site (no abbreviations accepted) and is consistent with physician documentation.
- Verifies procedure(s) with patients and surrogates.
- Provides patient education.
Certification / Requirements
- 1 year of recent supervised experience in a Case Management or Pre Admission role.
- Licensed Registered Nursing degree from an accredited institution.
- Current CPR/BLS certification, Physical, TB test.
- Current RN license or license eligible in NM (compact).
Benefits of ReadyNurse Staffing Services
- Top Compensation
- Flexible schedules Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Perm Positions
- Generous benefits including medical/dental/vision, 401 (k), etc.
- Referral bonus program
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
- The security of over 25 years of experience in the industry!
Genesis HealthCare and Genesis Rehab Services offer remarkable staffing solutions through CareerStaff Unlimited and its divisions:ReadyNurse, Therapists Unlimited, ProCare One, LocumsandCareerStaff Rx.
With 25 years of experience and a superior reputation with healthcare facilities and school systems across the U.S., we are able to provide a variety of work options including per diem, full time, part time, permanent placement and travel opportunities. Apply today for additional information.
*This is only a highlight of our available opportunities; if this job doesn't match up for you, but you are looking (any location any setting) please email us your current resume and desired employment situation.
Corporate National Recruiter | ReadyNurse Staffing Services
A Division of CareerStaff Unlimited A Genesis HealthCare Company
P: 877.321.1162 x9040 | F: 505.468.9141
Genesis HealthCare, LLC and all affiliated entities are proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA)