Business Unit: Owatonna Hospital
Location: Owatonna Hospital
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Standard Hours: 24.00
Union Position? Y
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Owatonna Hospital, located in Owatonna, Minn., approximately 60 miles south of Minneapolis, provides a full range of inpatient and outpatient services to approximately 35,000 inpatients and outpatients annually. It has 340 employees and 36 staffed beds. More than 52 active Owatonna Clinic-Mayo Health System physicians and consulting physician specialists work hand-in-hand with hospital-based physicians to provide a continuity of compassionate care for all patients.
- Provides skilled nursing care, health teaching, counseling and referral of patients, as well as supervision and teaching of nursing personnel
- Utilizes the nursing process skills of assessment, planning, implementing and evaluation for individuals from newborn to geriatric
- Provides comprehensive care of inpatient and outpatients through out all nursing areas of the hospital including Medical Acute and Special Care, pre and post surgical, emergency department, OB/GYN and behavioral health
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing with a minimum of Associates Degree, BSN preferred
- Previous experience in Special Care/Critical Care/ Emergency Department or Post Anesthesia Recovery preferred
- Minimum of two years nursing Med/Surg/Telemetry experience required
- Medical Terminology
- PALS, TNCC, NRP within 12 months of hire
- Critical Care ECCO completed within 12 months of hire
- Registered Nurse by Minnesota State Board of Nursing
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstration of clinical competence to provide care appropriate to the age specific patient population served including EKG monitoring and interpretation, focused assessment skills, critical thinking and effective communication skills
- Must demonstrate knowledge of growth and development over the lifespan and identify patient requirements relative to age/development within accepted emergency management practice guidelines
RN hires with less than 1 year of RN experience must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing (American Association of Colleges of Nursing or The National League for Nursing) which is inclusive of a clinical rotation in an acute care facility.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part time position (24 hours/week)
- Evening/Night Shift (12 hour shifts)
- Every third weekend
- MNA Contract
Owatonna, located 45 minutes from Rochester and the Metropolitan area of Minneapolis/St. Paul, is ranked as the #2 small town in America with excellent schools, pleasant neighborhoods, and a variety of recreational activities. The Kaplan Woods Parkway offers 225 acres for hiking, biking, jogging, swimming, fishing and canoeing. The Owatonna Arts Center, Little Theatre of Owatonna and the Sculpture Garden are available if your love is music and the arts. Owatonna is home to more than 40 industrial firms. There are both public and private schools plus post-secondary and higher education programs. Owatonna provides the best of both worlds; a supportive and safe environment, affordable cost of living, outstanding school system, and easy access to all the amenities of big cities.
- Located 45 minutes from Rochester, Mankato and the Minneapolis/St. Paul Metro Area
- Population = 25,000
- Service Area = 60,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA