Job ID: 443602
Business Unit: River Falls Area Hospital
Location: River Falls WI-Hospital
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Standard Hours: 24.00
Union Position? Y
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
River Falls Area Hospital (RFAH) is located in River Falls, Wis., just 30 minutes east of St. Paul, Minnesota. RFAH has 20 staffed beds, 210 employees and more than 156 affiliated physicians. The shared medical campus includes primary care and specialty clinics, a long-term care facility and a wellness and fitness center. A broad range of inpatient and outpatient hospital services are provided to approximately 28,000 patients each year.
- Practices professional nursing to provide patient care through the use of the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation and evaluations
- Provides coordination of all nursing care from the point of admission to discharge, transfer, or admission
- Works in collaboration with multidisciplinary team members
- During downtime, rounds to MS, SCU, SSS, and OB clinical departments to offer support
- Appropriately delegates nursing care to other direct care team members
- The Emergency Department continuously provides a multidisciplinary approach to emergency medical care and education to meet the diverse physical emotional, and educational needs of the community in a safe respectful environment
- Current WI RN license
- RN Associates degree, BSN Preferred
RN hires with less than 1 year of RN experience must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing (American Association of Colleges of Nursing or The National League for Nursing) which is inclusive of a clinical rotation in an acute care facility.
- Recent ED, critical care, and/or acute care experience strongly preferred
- Previous paramedic experience helpful
- Basic cardiac rhythm interpretations, IV skills, critical thinking/problem solving skills, strong assessment and clinical skills, organizational/time management skills/ prioritization, delegation skills, customer service/interpersonal skills, multitasking skills, team player, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ACLS, BLS
- Medical Terminology
- TNCC, PALS, Will train for TNCC and PALS
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part time position (24 hours per week)
- Evening/Night shift
- Every third weekend
- MNA Contract
Ranked one of the "best small cities" in the country by Demographic Daily, River Falls truly is a great place to work and live. The River Falls community has the advantage of maintaining a small town atmosphere while benefiting from all the resources of the Twin Cities just 35 minutes away. River Falls is home to the University of Wisconsin-River Falls and the Chippewa Valley Technical College. Whether it's taking advantage of the recreational opportunities of the Kinnickinnic River, a nationally recognized class one trout stream, River Falls invites you to "Grow with the flow" as a resident of our exceptional community. River Falls offers the perfect combination of small-town comfort, wide range of outdoor and cultural activities, diverse and active downtown, and convenient access to all that the nearby Twin Cities have to offer.
- Located 35 miles East of the Twin Cities
- Population = 14,343
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA