Registered Nurse (RN) - Summer Camp (Travel)
We are hiring a qualified Registered Nurse (RN) to work at a Residential Summer Camp for Children. Contracts are available from June 2014 through August 2014 (8-9 Week Average). These clients require at least 1 recent year of previous Summer Camp, Emergency and/or School Nursing experience.
These are Registered Nurse (RN) Positions for Residential Summer Camps; you'd live and work at Camp for the duration of the assignment which typically runs mid-June through mid-August. Most of these are general/healthy populations, traditional, co-ed, mainstream residential (overnight) summer camp programs. Only a few are "special needs" camps which I'll go over with you over the phone (we wouldn't submit you for a special needs camp unless you specifically qualify for it and are interested in that type of setting; special needs camps tend to pay a little more, too). PAY varies greatly (please know that summer camp nursing pays considerably less than what you earn in most clinical settings, simply because summer camps have smaller budgets; this is industry-wide). Residential summer camp RN salaries ranges anywhere between $500 - $1000 per week (this includes room, board, meals, and often free camper tuition if applicable).
More About the Location:
We have several openings for Summer Camp RN positions nationwide. We have camps hiring NOW for the summer of 2014, and we will continue to receive openings for more into 2014. Here's a list of the locations that are hiring now: Oviedo, FL 32765, Penn Yan, NY 14527, Mukwonago, WI 53149, Portage, IN 46368, Marseilles, IL 61341, Flat Rock, NC 28731, Glenville, NC 28736, Flower Hill, NY 11030, Christiansburg, VA, 24073, Clayton, GA 30525, Mauston, WI 53948, Honesdale, PA 18431 & East Hills, NY 11548.
- Ability to work with other personnel and develop/maintain good relations
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of nursing care and current clinical practice, treatments and interventions, specific to position specialty.
- Ability to understand and monitor applicable regulations, policies and procedures.
- Promote patient's independence by establishing patient care goals.
- Resolve patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with rules and regulations.
- Ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to deal tactfully with residents, students, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public, according to position setting.
- Ability to maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc.
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Demonstrate proficiency in written/verbal skills in English language
- Sufficient computer skills required to perform duties.
Certification / Requirements
- 1 year of recent supervised experience in Emergency, Summer Camp, or School Nursing setting.
- Nursing degree from an accredited institution.
- Current CPR/BLS certification, Physical, TB test
- Current RN license or license eligible in the state of employment.
Benefits of ReadyNurse Staffing Services
- Top Compensation
- Flexible schedules Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Perm Positions
- Generous benefits including medical/dental/vision, 401 (k), etc.
- Referral bonus program
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
- The security of over 25 years of experience in the industry!
Genesis HealthCare and Genesis Rehab Services offer remarkable staffing solutions through CareerStaff Unlimited and its divisions: ReadyNurse, Therapists Unlimited, ProCare One, Locums and CareerStaff Rx.
With 25 years of experience and a superior reputation with healthcare facilities and school systems across the U.S., we are able to provide a variety of work options including per diem, full time, part time, permanent placement and travel opportunities. Apply today for additional information.
*This is only a highlight of our available opportunities; if this job doesn't match up for you, but you are looking (any location any setting) please email us your current resume and desired employment situation.
Corporate National Recruiter | ReadyNurse Staffing Services
A Division of CareerStaff Unlimited A Genesis HealthCare Company
P: 877.321.1162 x9040 | F: 505.468.9141
Jessica.Wiksten@GenesisHCC.com | www.readynurse.com
Genesis HealthCare, LLC and all affiliated entities are proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA)