Job Description Summary:
Rosalind Franklin University Health System (RFUHS)is a subsidiary of Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. RFUHS combines compassionate care in an interprofessional environment with state-of-the-art science to provide patients with the highest quality medical services. The physicians of RFUHS are innovators in their fields, offering patients access to the latest discoveries in family practice medicine, podiatry, behavioral health and reproductive medicine. The Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for providing professional gynecological, obstetrical and infertility care for patients following established standards and practices. Assists Medical Director, students and staff in coordinating patient care.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide gynecological, obstetrical and infertility care to patients in a sensitive, non-judgmental manner to persons of all ages, economic levels and cultural backgrounds.
• Prescribe and/or administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with professional standards.
• Monitor, record and report on patient’s condition and treatment plan.
• Prepare invoices in a timely manner for services provided.
• Respond to and/or refer incoming patient treatment-related phone calls.
• Provide instructions to patient and family regarding medications and treatment.
• Participate in Chronic Care Improvement activities.
• Participate in Quality Assurance activities.
• Attend and assist in staff meetings, in-services, CME and life safety drills.
• Provide patient education and participate in research and educational activities.
• Perform other related duties ad assigned or delegated.
Required Education & Experience:
• Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner degree from an accredited school.
• Current Illinois licensure.
• BLS and ACLS certified.
• Legal ability to prescribe appropriate levels of prescription pharmaceuticals.
• Legal ability to bill Medicare and Medicaid.
• Clinically fluent in English.
• Must achieve a background check clearance.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of gynecological and obstetrical regulations and practices to give and evaluate excellent patient care.
• Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of gynecological and obstetrical care to provide ongoing patient care.
• Knowledge of community health/public health standards and practices.
• Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish and maintain a safe work environment.
• Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions.
• Skill in preparing/maintaining medical records, medical billing, writing referrals and responding to correspondence.
• Skill in leadership, collaborative communication and interpersonal relationship/team building.
• Ability to apply continuous quality improvement standards to the work process.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
• Ability to communicate clearly.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
• Selected candidate must have the mental and physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Working environment is medical office and examination rooms.
• Position requires exposure to biohazards and diseases common to medical practice setting.
• Position requires standing, walking, bending and sitting for extended periods.
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to handle stressful situations.