Job ID: 443922
Business Unit: Mercy Hospital
Location: Mercy Hospital
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Standard Hours: 32.00
Union Position? N
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Mercy Hospital, located in Coon Rapids, Minn. is a 271-bed hospital serving the northwestern metro area. In 2011, Mercy was named one of the nation’s Top 100 Hospitals® and one of the top 20 mid-size hospitals in the U.S. by Thomson Reuters Healthcare, and is nationally recognized for cardiovascular care. With 2,200 employees and 740 affiliated physicians, Mercy has 154,250 admissions and serves nearly 58,000 emergency patients annually.
- The Stroke Program Coordinator is responsible to develop and operationalize a systematic program to manage and advance stroke care for the Mercy and Unity community
- The program supports stroke related care provided in the continuum from prevention, prehospital care, Emergency Department, ICU through inpatient care for both Mercy and Unity Hospitals.
- The individual in this role uses advanced knowledge, skills and abilities to promote optimal care through clinical activities, professional and public education, research activities, and continuous quality improvement
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- BSN required
- RN License
Experience & Skills:
- 3-5 years of Nursing experience
- Neuroscience and Stroke nursing experience preferred
- Clinical skills, team/group leadership skills, project management, communication, quality improvement skills
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part time position 32 hours per week
- Day shift
- Non contract
- This position will be supporting both Mercy and Unity Hospital's stroke program.
The city of Coon Rapids is a fast growing community on the Mississippi River just 20 minutes north of Minneapolis-St. Paul, and the metropolitan area's gateway to the northern part of the state. Coon Rapids offers excellent access to highways, dynamic community shopping centers with major retail anchors, and a wide variety of recreational activities including neighborhood and regional parks, a municipal golf course, indoor ice arenas, hiking and biking trails and swimming pools.
- Located 14 miles North of Minneapolis and 20 miles Northwest of St. Paul
- Population = 63,000
- Service area = 413,500
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA