Job ID: 439585
Business Unit: Home Care Services
Location: St Paul-Westgate
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Union Position? N
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Home and Community Services (AHCS) is the trusted provider and expert resource in delivering patient-centered care and services for patients and families needing rehabilitation, advanced-illness or end-of-life care. With headquarters located in St. Paul, Minn., services are provided in 19 Minnesota counties, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Provide direct patient care to post-acute patients in transitional care units.
- Collaborate within the interdisciplinary team
- Participate in delivering after-hours call coverage
Education & Experience
- Master's degree
- Graduate of an acute care NP program with 2 years of clinical experience as an NP
- Geriatrics, hospital or TCU experience preferred
- Ability to safely manage medically complex patients in a post-acute setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to conduct an advance care planning discussion with patients
- Excellent time management
- Achieves positive outcomes
- Driver's License
- MN RN license, adult, geriatrics or acute care NP certification
- Current DEA license
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full time position 40 hours per week
- Day shifts (8am to 5pm M-F)
- Weekend Rotations: Occasional after-hours call
With beautiful natural settings along the Mississippi River, St. Paul embodies a large ethnically diverse population with restaurants, cultural entertainment, and shopping venues for everyone. Downtown St. Paul features a number of historic buildings including the State Capitol, the Fitzgerald Theater (home to Garrison Keillor's "A Prairie Home Companion"), the Landmark Center, the St. Paul Hotel, and breathtaking views of the Mississippi River. The city is also home to the Science Museum of MN, the Xcel Energy Center (home of the MN Wild hockey team), and the MN History Center. St. Paul offers many private, alternative, and public school options from elementary through college and a wide array of housing options from old historic homes to new construction. The Twin Cities is consistently ranked near the top of Fortune's list of best cities in the world for work and family. A healthy business climate, opportunities for employment, good transportation, and an entrepreneurial environment are amongst the contributing factors.
- Located in St. Paul
- Population = 270,000
- Service Area = 1,600,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA