At PeaceHealth, we carry on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering, and treating each person in a loving and caring way. The fulfillment of this Mission is our shared purpose. It drives all that we are and all that we do. To those who embrace the spirit of these words and our commitment to Exceptional Medicine and Compassionate Care, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as a member of the PeaceHealth family.
Department:Pediatric/Adolescent Care Unit RB (2340)
The RN Staff Nurse will assist the Charge Nurse in providing and coordinating unit activities to assure compassionate patient care. Provides direct patient care in compliance with professional practice and unit standards. The RN Staff Nurse will also promote a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients, families and all members of the care delivery team.
- Asses, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
- Documents patient care in the health care record according to standards.
- Participates in process improvement activities.
- Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
- Directs and delegates care to other team members.
- The job may have additional responsibilities as assigned. All job duties must be performed in a manner that demonstrates the PHOR Personal Accountabilities, Core Values, Behavioral Expectations, and the Mission & Values of PeaceHealth Oregon Region.
- Graduate of an accredited State Board of Nursing approved program
- BSN Preferred
- Current Oregon RN license required or must be in process of obtaining such licensure
- Current BLS required.
- PALS certification required within 6 months of hire
- Minimum 6 months of Hospital/Clinic/Urgent Care Pediatric experience within the last year required. Acute care experience as a Pediatric LPN (per Managers evaluation) may be substituted for some or this entire requirement.
- IV skills in all age groups from infancy through adult strongly preferred.
- Additional educational experience (preceptorships, mentorships, SFE's) in acute care perinatal nursing preferred
- Urgent care and/or pediatric clinic experience is strongly preferred. Position requires excellent communication skills, ability to make adjustments in care planning in a rapidly changing environment, demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to provide Pediatric care required
- Knowledge and ability to provide age-specific care principles of growth and development required
Ability to lift 25 pounds on a regular basis, push/pull, bend/twist, stoop, walking/standing/sitting, repetitive motion. Ability to respond quickly to emergent situations.
Location: Springfield, OR
Job Category: Nursing - RN Patient Care
Shift Length:8 Hours
Work Type: Per Diem/Relief
Salary range starts at: $32.35
Required Certifications/Licensure:Basic Life Support; Pediatric Advanced Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield, OR || Nursing - RN Patient Care || Per Diem/Relief || CRITICAL CARE SVCS