St. Joseph Health System
The Coding Manager provides direct supervision of remote coding staff. The Coding Manager will directly manage the coding staff to ensure the coding function is complete, accurate and timely while meeting compliance requirements. Manages the day to day coding activities in order to ensure quality and/or quantity goals are met. Ensures the daily staffing schedule is appropriate as well as the distribution of staff assignments and workload. Identifies, coordinates, and implements projects and/or programs to improve the quality and cost-effectiveness of coding operations. Ensures projects are completed on schedule following established procedures and schedules. Assists Director of Health Information Management with the development of short and long range department goals and objectives. Serves as a liaison between management, other departments, subordinates and/or members; and resolves problems and complaints from other departments, other managers. Conducts analyses and produces reports for management.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in Health Information Technology, Health Information Management or related field or equivalent, RHIA or RHIT and CCS (AHIMA) (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- At least 2 years’ experience supervising a multidisciplinary coding staff of non-exempt and entry level employees
- At least 3-5 years’ experience and knowledge of coding procedures, policies and regulations
- Proficient in a variety of software applications
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects, use time management skills and independent judgment
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities; team player, tactful and diplomatic
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills required to communicate effectively with all levels of management internal/external
- Experience conducting training programs
- Experience with budget management
- RHIT and active membership with the American Information Management Association are also requisite; RHIA and CCS are preferred
The St. Joseph Health System consists of a regional Level II Trauma Center, three critical access hospitals, a free-standing emergency center, four walk-in express care clinics, two nursing homes, a rehabilitation center, and a medical group with eighteen physician clinics throughout the service area.
Ranked third in Kiplinger’s 10 Great Places to Live, 2013, Bryan-College Station represents a cultural, economic and educational powerhouse brimming with Texas hospitality and steeped in tradition. The area is known for its highly educated workforce, exemplary public school systems, low crime, acres of outdoor recreation, excellent hospitals and affordable cost of living.
Beyond the advantage of advanced resources and exceptional skill is a determination not only to help solve critical problems, but also to help every person achieve the full potential of mind, body and spirit. That’s the St. Joseph difference.
St. Joseph offers a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a workplace that reflects the values of our Franciscan mission. To apply, visit our website: www.st-joseph.jobs
A Ministry of Sylvania Franciscan Health