Under the supervision of an RN, the LPN provides direct nursing care, within the scope of their license, to patients as directed by the physicians and other healthcare providers. Cooperative decision making is expected in the execution of duties.
• Implement and evaluate patient care under the supervision of an RN. Participates in the development of a patient-specific care plan.
• Provide direct patient care including administering of medications and treatments as prescribed.
• Document patient care in health record according to department standards.
• Delegates, prioritizes, requests and accepts guidance and assistance from others to assure delivery of care in a safe and timely manner.
• Ensures own professional effectiveness through continued education and professional development.
• Assists in the transporting of patients, specimens, supplies and equipment and in the maintenance and stocking of supplies and equipment to assure optimal functioning of the department.
• May triage patient phone calls, counsel patients, providing patient education, taking patient histories, administering prescribed medications, changing dressings, cleaning wounds and monitoring patient vital signs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of one year experience as an LPN with hospice experienced preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs
• Current license as an LPN in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
• Current CPR certification required at date of hire.
ReadyNurse Staffing Services
Toll Free: 1-800-831-3882
www.ReadyNurse.com (Check for new listings daily on our Opportunities page)
ReadyNurse Staffing Services is your employment solution