The Brooklyn Heights Registered Nurse is responsible for providing professional nursing care to patients and their families following the nursing process, established standards and practices. Assist physicians and other team members in coordinating patient care. Functions as a resource for support staff (LPNs and Medical Assistants).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assesses and monitors changes in the physical and psycho/social needs of patients utilizing the nursing processs.
2. Educates and counsels patient and/or caregiver with provisions for follow-up.
3. Prepares the patient for and assists in complex procedures and treatments.
4. Administers and documents all medications including IV therapy accurately.
5. Patient charting is entered into the EMR accurately and in a timely manner.
6. Provides clinical direction to the support staff (LPNs, Medical Assistants).
7. Responds to emergencies as needed.
8. Checks code cart weekly, if applicable.
9. Stocks supplies as needed.
10. Performs other duties as appropriate.