Delivers quality hospice and palliative care services to patients in their homes and inpatient/ institutional settings. Admits patients to the hospice or palliative care based on Medicare Guidelines and Agency policy.Facilitates end of life conversations and decision-making. Assists with discharge planning in various settings including hospitals, LTC/AL facilities, and physician offices. Ensures a smooth transition across all care settings by ensuring that all aspects of clinical care and services have been arranged in order to ensure patient care and comfort needs are met.Performs initial assessment of patient’s needs. Coordinates development of the initial interdisciplinary plan of care for each patient and family. Serves as a clinical resource for referral sources and patients/ family members. Provides ongoing education for both the professional and lay communities regarding end of life care and Holy Redeemer Home Care and Hospice Services. Participates in professional development activities that further personal and program goals related to end of life care.
Recruitment Requirements: X Direct Patient Care
-Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with current PA or NJ Nursing license
- BSN preferred
- CHPN preferred
- Minimum 1 year med/surg nursing experience.
- Minimum 1 year home care or hospice nursing experience preferred.
- Maintains a professional image
- Proven ability to identify, develop, maintain, and expand healthy business relationships and opportunities
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication
- Proven ability in public speaking and teaching skills with groups and individuals.
- Possess a valid drivers license and access to an automobile.
- Able to demonstrate nursing procedures in the home care setting
- Able to use office equipment; i.e. beeper, car phone, PDA, desktop computer.