Our clients services opened its doors in 1970. Since then the agency has grown to provide “at-risk" youth with therapeutic and compassionate services through Residential Care, School, Mental Health and Family Programs. We have an immediate opening for Program Nurse for Monday-Friday afternoon/evenings approx 14-20 hour per week. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Review medication administration Record and ensure that staff is accurately documenting on the MAR. Follow-up with supervisors regarding any errors and ensure correction are made immediately.
- Ensure that staff is informed of the medications, their administration and potential side effects.
- Serve as liaison with consulting medical doctors, psychiatrist, and pharmacy and ensure that follow up instructions are appropriately communicated, implemented and recorded.
- Maintain the proper and timely documentation of all medication procedures and services of clients.
- Track and monitor effectiveness of psychotropic medications and distribute this information to psychiatrist, assigned therapist and treatment team.
- Complete quarterly medical reports on clients and distribute quarterly reports to the appropriate agencies.
- Effectively train staff on urine collection procedures for drug and pregnancy testing.
- Prepare medical discharge summary and residential medical folder upon discharge of client.
- Open and close mental health episode for FFA clients.
- Respond to illness or injuries that occur in the Rehabilitation program.
- Participate in treatment team meetings and assists in the formulation of the treatment plans.
- Meet individually with supervisors to consult on particular medical issues.
- Oversee all aspects of medication issues, including ordering, tracking, documentation, and destruction.
- Current MA licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Have basic training and/or experience in medical procedures and administering medication.
- A minimum of one year of nursing experience with troubled youth and/or residential treatment programs .
- Demonstrate necessary organization skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, and able to submit the required case documentation that is of professional quality.
- He/she shall demonstrate the ability to work effectively with staff, board members, the public, parents and residents and have exceptional written and verbal communication sills.
- Able to carry out agency policies and procedures.
- Computer skills necessary to complete assigned job tasks.
- Ability to successfully complete and maintain a Criminal Record Clearance, Child Abuse Index Clearance, FBI Clearance, Medical History Review & TB Test Clearance.
- Must be able to successfully receive a Criminal Record Clearance, Child Abuse Index Clearance, TB & Medical History Review Clearance, Employment Verification and have a valid CA Drivers License and acceptable DMV
If you have an interest kindly submit your resume for immediate consideration firstname.lastname@example.org!
ReadyNurse Staffing Services
Toll Free: 1-800-831-3882
www.ReadyNurse.com (Check for new listings daily on our Opportunities page)
Like us at Facebook:www.facebook.com/readynurse
Follow us on Twitter:www.twitter.com/readynurse
Link to me on LinkedIn at:http://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-ronan/a/774/179
ReadyNurse Staffing Services is your employment solution