The Case Manager or Population Care Manager (PCM) will be embedded within one or more primary care Patient-Centered Medical Homes (PCMH) to work as a multidisciplinary healthcare team member. The PCM’s activities will focus on health coaching, patient education and coordination of care for members of our client. The PCM will work alongside the physicians and office staff to identify the needs of complex members and to assist the practice to develop a process for managing and improving quality measures for its patient population. as a PCM you will promote the improvement of the health and efficiency of patient-centered care, engage in frequent contact with primary care providers and medical home team members, and ensure all necessary transition needs are met including care coordination with home care agencies, specialists, or other resources. This position is also responsible for developing constructive relationships with local hospitals’ admission offices, case managers, discharge planners and emergency room contacts to engage these entities in relevant coordinated care management activities. This position is a full-time, direct hire and is located 3 days in JP and 2 in Chelsea.
Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- RN required. Active licensure required in Mass
- 5+years of direct patient care experience required
- Experience in acute inpatient, rehabilitation, sub-acute, skilled facility, home care, or managed health plan
- Familiarity with community resources and social service resources to assist patients with social needs
- Proficient PC skills (MS Word/Excel)
- Data analysis skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including motivational interviewing skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence others while motivating them to change
- Has valid driver's license and driving record showing no restrictions that would impede ability to travel by automobile.
- Certified Case Management (CCM) certification
- Three or more years of experience within a medical office setting
- Working knowledge of principles of utilization management
- Experience working in population health management
If you have an interest kindly submit your resume for immediate consideration firstname.lastname@example.org!
ReadyNurse Staffing Services
Toll Free: 1-800-831-3882
www.ReadyNurse.com (Check for new listings daily on our Opportunities page)
Like us at Facebook:www.facebook.com/readynurse
Follow us on Twitter:www.twitter.com/readynurse
Link to me on LinkedIn at:http://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-ronan/a/774/179
ReadyNurse Staffing Services is your employment solution