Date:Feb 12, 2014
Location:Pueblo, CO, US
Physical Location:SMC-ST MARY CORWIN MEDICAL CENTER
Department Name:TOUCHSTONE PUEBLO WEST CLINIC
Hours per Pay Period:80
Required Education:Doctorate Degree
Required Experience:1 year
Certificate/Licensure:Colorado RN License
Contact Information:Susan Jenkins
Current Colo RN license. Registered with Colo Advanced Prac tice registry. National PNP certification; NRP certification Prescriptive authority.
Assumes responsibility and accountability for rapid assessment, nursing diagnosis and works with MD partners to assure safe patient diagnostic testing and optimal plan of care. Performs advanced practice procedures. Utilizes the nursing process to promote/restore optimal health and well-being of the patient. Assumes personal accountability for organizational mission and core values.
• Graduate of Accredited School Of Nursing.
• Masters degree in Adult Nurse Practitioner or related degree
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• 1 year experience in a clinical setting
• RN license in the sate of Colorado
• Current Registered member of the Colorado Advanced Practice Registry.
• Current BLS certification required from American Heart Association
POSITION DUTIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, INCLUDE % OF TIME)
DOCUMENTATION - 25%
• Thorough and confidential maintenance of patient charts and records.
• Documents ongoing status, interventions, patient response and outcomes in accurate, timely manner.
• Assesses patient/family learning style and appropriately teach and document understanding.
PLAN OF CARE 25%
• Engages patient/family to foster commitment to comply with plan of care.
• Collaborates with interdisciplinary team to develop and implement holistic, individualized plan of care.
• Delegates to non-RN personnel in accordance with State Board of Nursing and hospital policy.
• Assess patients’ physical, psychosocial, cultural and spiritual needs through observation, interview, reviews of records and clinical data.
• Evaluates patient’s response and intervene in a timely manner to ensure optimal patient outcome.
• Effectively performs a variety of therapeutic/diagnostic interventions including but not limited to Treadmill testing, stress testing, 12-Lead EKG interpretation.
• Assess for appropriate diagnostic intervention.
• Implements patient plan of care and observes outcomes in accordance with nursing standards and physician direction.
• Ensures safety of each patient in least restrictive manner.
PATIENT ADVOCATE 25%
• Serves as patient advocate. Anticipates needs of provider, staff patient and family.
• Effectively uses time, personnel, equipment and supplies to provide high quality, cost effective delivery of patient care.
• Demonstrates proficiency in monitoring patients undergoing cardiac testing and emergency intervention per ACLS/ACC guidelines when needed.
• Participates in community-based activities.
* This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.