Clinical Nurse Manager - Peds ED - 13-0590
Department: 17491 - Pediatric Emergency Department
Status: Full time
Schedule: PM, weekends as neededDescription: Reporting to the Director of Clinical Area, this role includes responsibility for Clinical Area including physicians that encounter this department. Responsible for: organizing, planning, directing, controlling, budgeting and staffing all clinical functions. Assures the nursing process is utilized as the framework for patient care and applies the nursing process to own practice as defined in the American Nursing Association. Ensures utilization of the nursing process overseeing the delivery of patient care including assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation of patient outcomes and that plans of care are revised as indicated. This job description was developed in accordance with the Illinois Nurse Practice Act and the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor of Science preferred.
2. Current licensure to practice nursing in the State of Illinois.
3. Three years of progressively responsible relevant clinical experience.
4. Minimum of three years management experience.
5. Current CPR certification.
6. Specialty certification desirable.