OB Tech - Labor & Delivery - 13-0458
Category: Nursing/Patient Care
Department: 16125 - Labor & Delivery
Status: Part time
Schedule: PM, every other weekendDescription: Reporting to the Manager of Labor & Delivery, with accountability to the Shift Clinical Coordinator and team, the OB Technician assists the staff nurse with nursing care and provides basic patient care tasks as assigned. Assists the Obstetrician with surgical procedures by providing appropriate instruments and equipment. Assists in maintaining a clean and safe unit and performs related duties including room preparation, ordering of unit supplies and related charge entry.
1. The level of knowledge normally obtained through the completion of four years of high school or the equivalent.
2. Successful completion of an approved Surgical Technologist Program, or current enrollment in an accredited Nursing Program with completion of at least one major clinical medical or surgical rotation, or as of 07/01/12 an existing NCH OB Tech with a minimum of one year experience required.
3. Knowledge of or experience in the correct use of body mechanics.
4. Current CPR certification.
5. Data entry or order entry experience on a computer preferred