Category: NCH Medical Group
Department: 79350 - Fast Care 423 Dundee Rd
Status: Full time
Schedule: Day/PM, rotating weekendsDescription:
This position will support Fast Care at 423 Dundee Road
This position can either be an APN Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant
Reporting to the Director of assigned healthcare team collaborates with physicians to direct treatment interventions. Serves as a specialty area expert and consultant to staff, patients, families and operational team who work in various clinical settings. Functions as an advanced practitioner, educator, role model, mentor, consultant and researcher for patients, families and staff. Acts as a change agent and case management consultant in the healthcare delivery system to improve the quality of care across the continuum. This job description was developed in accordance with the Illinois Nurse Practice Act and the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice.
1. The completion of a Master’s Degree in Nursing or the completion of an accredited Physician Assistant program.
2. Certified as a Nurse Practitioner or current certification by National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
3. Demonstrated expertise with a minimum of three years of nursing clinical experience in the area of specialty or minimum 1-year recent acute care experience in a hospital setting as a Physician Assistant preferred.
4. Current Illinois nursing license. Advance Practice Nursing license or Current Illinois Physician Assistant license.
5. State controlled substance license and DEA license if defined in privileging agreement.