|Ambulatory Registered Nurse (RN)|
|Location: Jersey City, NJ|
|Experience: 0.0 year(s)|
|Job Type: Full-Time|
|Job ID: J121219|
A healthcare organization in New Jersey is actively seeking a Registered Nurse (RN), with an Ambulatory background, for a rewarding role with their team of professionals. This is a fantastic opportunity for a licensed RN to further their career with an established organization.
The Ambulatory Registered Nurse (RN) will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Medical Provider and interprets medical recommendations and reinforcing provider’s instructions
- Contacting hospitals and obtaining all relevant history of care while hospitalized, the reconciliation of medicines, test, labs and provider/physician hospital discharge instructions and updating patient Electronic Health Record
- Overseeing the performance of clinical competencies
- Providing daily oversight to ensure medical assistants adhere to the organization’s performance expectations
- Taking medical and social histories and vital signs
- Instructing patients regarding laboratory and diagnostic procedures and assisting with laboratory tests
- Explaining procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding, and allay apprehension.
- Triaging all walk-in patients/ problem telephone calls by conducting and documenting acuity of illness/medical problem and taking appropriate steps to a successful/safe resolution
- Maintaining adequate departmental inventory of vaccinations and supplies
- Administering prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques and documents all activities in a timely manner
- Making appropriate medical and social referrals
- Assisting with patient follow-up and documents accordingly.
- Observing patient, records significant conditions and reactions and notifying Provider of patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Maintaining awareness of the comfort and safety needs of patients.
- Responding to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol
- Maintaining emergency kit, oxygen tank, spill kit, refrigeration, all medical equipment, etc with documentation of monthly inspection.
- Disposing of hazardous material using HAZMAT protocols
- Capable of operating all medical equipment
- Performing secretarial tasks such as answering the phone, taking messages, etc. in an accurate efficient manner
- Participating in department or unit quality improvement activities and is required to attend all meetings
- 3+ years of Ambulatory or Clinical experience
- RN license
- Basic CPR training for Adult and Pediatrics.
- Urgent Care experience
- Patient oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized