- Contact: Susan Burns
- Tel: 609-761-0296
- Associate's degree
- Valid licensure required
- Previous experience required
Position Summary: Works in conjunction with the Hospice Director or Supervising Nurse in providing direct supervision of the hospice interdisciplinary team. Responsible for the delivery of quality patient care including: coordination, implementation and evaluation of hospice services as evidenced by positive outcomes. Assumes 24-hour accountability for patient care functions and the direction of the patient care team. Contributes to the attainment of Agency goals by assisting in the development of the operational plan and budget. Responsible for assuring agency compliance with local, state, federal, government regulations and Joint Commission standards. Functions as a liaison in the community articulating and reinforcing the Holy Redeemer Home Care and Hospice story and value of our service. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with internal and external customers including: employees, physicians, facilities and community members.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing and current State Licensure.
- BSN and/or degree in health related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years home care experience required.
- Minimum 2 years hospice experience preferred.
- Current supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to function in a rapidly changing health care environment.
- Excellent communication skills, customer service skills and positive leadership style.
- Computer literate required.
- Valid drivers license and current CPR required.
- Able to travel to patients homes within service area and throughout all HRHS entities.
- Able to demonstrate professional procedures in the home setting.
- Able to use office equipment; i.e. beeper, car phone, desktop and handheld computer.
- Ability to work flexible hours, with holidays and weekends included.