|Location: Brooklyn, NY|
|Experience: 3.0 year(s)|
|Job Type: Full-Time|
|Job ID: J118467|
A hospital in Brooklyn is currently seeking an experienced Physician Assistant with a background in Hematology and Oncology. The qualified medical professional in this role will contribute to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; and implementing physician directives.
The Physician Assistant is responsible for:
- Assessing patient health by interviewing patients and performing physical examinations
- Determining abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies
- Documenting patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performing therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations
- Instructing and counseling patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information
- Providing continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans
- Maintaining safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Protecting patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Complying with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops
- Developing health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities
- 3+ years of both Hematology & Oncology experience
- NY PA license
- BS in related field
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask efficiently and effectively