The Clinical Coordinator is a Registered Professional Nurse with broad knowledge and skills who participates in the coordination of clinical programs and services for designated patient populations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Participates in the development, implementation and coordination of clinical services and programs for designated patient populations. Activities may include but are not limited to:
Patient screening, Treatments and procedures, where applicable
2. Patient and family education, Discharge planning and follow-up, Case management, Research
3. Promotes an interdisciplinary approach in patient care delivery.
4. Serves as a resource for patients and their families.
5. Acts as a patient advocate utilizing the Patient Bill of Rights.
6. Participates in promoting and maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment.
7. Supports the mission, philosophy, goals and objectives of the Department of Nursing and The Mount Sinai Medical Center.
8. Maintains clinical competence.
9. Is responsible and accountable for his/her own nursing practice.
10. Advocates the highest standards of nursing practice.
11. Approaches patients, families and other members of the health care team in a professional, respectful manner.
12. Serves as a clinical role model and resource to the nursing staff.
13. Serves as a professional resource to other members of the health care team.
14. Demonstrates professional involvement by: Attending and participating in workshops, seminars, and courses as presenter or author, Keeping abreast of current literature and trends in practice, Participating in related professional organizations.
15. Considers ethical issues in professional nursing practice.
16. Treats co-workers, patients and families with dignity and respect.
17. Is open and responsive to the diverse backgrounds and experience of other people, and promotes and environment that is sensitive to cultural diversity.
18. Maintains attendance and punctuality record in accordance with departmental standards.
19. Adheres to dress code in accordance with departmental policy.
20. Collaborates with other members of the health care team in the development, implementation, and ongoing review of policies, procedures, and standards of care for designated patient populations.
21. Demonstrates knowledge of hospital, departmental and care center standards, policies, procedures and guidelines as well as regulatory agency standards.
22. Participates in the development and implementation of continuous quality improvement programs.
23. Participates in risk management activities including identifying and communicating issues of risk in a timely manner.
24. Participates in committee activities.
25. Is aware of and responsive to budgetary constraints and incorporates financial principles into program development and allocation of resources.
26. Recognizes each individual's right to health care unrestricted by age, race, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or source of payment.
27. Assists in the performance appraisal process of designated Nursing staff.